Stop topical steroid abuse!

Thursday, May 3, 2012

We went to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of red skin!

Kline resembled something of a make a wish kid! ;0)


 We were so excited last Thursday to get to go to LA to see Dr. Rapaport and get a little family time too.....well, when I woke up at 6 am after sleeping 2hours, I felt like crap.  Food poisoning , are you kidding me????  My dear husband told me to "buck up!" Thanks hon!  I was so sick, I have never had such disgusting nasty rotten egg burps, I was rotten from the inside out. Luckily, the Hersey squirts and throwing up held off until we were In LA waiting to get our rental car!  Then oh man, it hit me like a ton of bricks! I actually spent many hours sleeping on the bathroom floor because I couldn't make it to the bed.
>
> Mean while, my husband was dealing with Kline and his itchy fits!  I didn't even realize that Kline was getting sick, coughing and wheezing, and having a very hard time breathing, yikes! Could this too be a symptom of withdrawal, he has never had asthma!?!?
>
> The next morning we got to meet the wizard! Enter stage right, DR. Marvin Rapaport! Dermatologist genius!!  It was so nice to see him face to face and get a confirmation that yes, Kline was suffering from topical steroid withdrawal!  We had the answer we had searched so so so long and hard for! Best money we have ever spent!
>
> I was still very sick at this time and Kline seemed to be getting worse by the minute.  That night he could hardly breath....I was ready to run into the LA ER but my husband talked me out of it, something about gun wounds and stabbings! 
>
> So, then next morning we searched for an urgent care that was open and took out crappy insurance!  Finally after 3hours of driving around, Kline screaming and itching the whole time, we found one.


> The dr. Was a total dick about me not wanting to give Kline any steroids to help his breathing.  (I do not understand why doctor's are soooo pro roids???) i am allergic to a antibiotic that  i can never soell right so i won't even try.  I haven't had it since i was a baby and broke out it an bleeding rash much like kline's skin on steroids!!!!  Not one dr. Has ever even suggested i use it, but its ok to give steroids to my son that are killing him? WTF? He finally gave him a breathing treatment, non steroidal! It helped! Thank god!  I apologized for being a bithc but i really wasn't very sorry! ;-)
>
> Then we took Kline to a movie, bad idea....itchy loud screaming fits in a $40 dollar movie, not worth it!

> Then we tried taking Kline to the beach, which after I had my panic attach of the sand hurting his skin, he actually had a blast and exfoliated!! ;-)
>
> At this point I am still running from bathroom to bathroom!  Never again will I eat questionable food!
>
> The next day was Sunday and we were shooting for Disney.  Not the best place to take a kid that pulls down his pants every fifteen minutes and screams at you to itch his "peenee"!!!  So, between the itching fits and the couching/wheezing fits, the poor kid did not have the best time! He loved being on the rides, hated waiting in the lines. And he loved the parade!  Other than that we held Him all day and he looked like death!  He also loved meeting tigger!  And me well, you guessed it, still crapping my brains out! Sorry tmi!!??
>
> Then we saw Rapaport on Monday and flew home, no kid should travel while on steroid withdrawal.  It is just terrible...everyone stares at his itching fits and we were all way to stressed out! 
>
>
> The pluses of the trip...we had great comfy accommodations with awesome soft bedding!! ;-) and we got to meet Dr. Marvin rapaport and get klines diagnosed!
>
> now we wait and wait and itch and scream...and pray that it ends sooner than later!
>
> Xoxoxoxoox
>
> Ps. My stomach is still not right!
> Written from the toilet, Loren 
> ;-)
>

3 comments:

  1. Just curious, have you bathed him with adding 1 C Apple Cider Vinegar in the bath water regularly? That really helped my little boy with eczema. I hope GAPS works for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting -- right about the time that our little guy's eczema was finally letting up (after years of fighting it w/ castor oil packs, liver flushes, anti-candida diet, etc. etc.), his asthma journey began. hmph. and that's the journey we've been on since then. in fact, interesting that i came here tonight b/c tonight was the most ramped up his asthma has been in a while. (we are fully equipped w/ a nebulizer at home so that we can give him the non-steroid treatments like they gave kline. HUGE help to his little lungs.) so hang in there, mama -- one itchy moment at a time. i am truly hoping that this, too, will pass.

    blessings,
    tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your little one can breath easy!!!! With out steroids!!! Xoxoxoxo Loren!

    ReplyDelete