Stop topical steroid abuse!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Week 13 and seeing some signs of relief!!!! Yahooooooo!!!

here is Kline when we were in Santa Monica to see Dr. Rapaport, this is a little glimpse of my real son, itchy bastard free! can"t wait!

Kline is actually looking less red, way less , less scabbing, and having days with out constant flares!!!!  He is sleeping more at night, up to 7 hours at a time. 

Now, I am not getting my hopes up that we are past the worst, I know how this crazy monster called red skin attacks...you think he is on the way out, just to attack again.

But we will take it!!!! 

We will take the little bit of peace and little bit of time together we have with out the itchy bastard.  Kline is spending most, or should I say all, of his days in the bath!  I am talking 8 hours people, he is putting in a full work day! He doesn't want to get out because the itchy bastard tend to attack when people are drying off from a bath.  I have an email into dr. Rapaport to see if there is a thing as too much of a bath!  I'll keep you posted!

In his bath we use,
Either apple cider vinegar, epsom salts, or aveeno oatmeal.

And either olive oil or hemp oil...we may try grape seed oil too.

He seems to tolerate all of these in any combo at this time, which is way more than he could tolerate a month ago, so baby steps, well take them!

We still do not put anything directly on his skin, that is why I use the oil in the bath.  We were doing Vaseline but it seemed to start burning after a few days, so buy buy Vaseline!

I am starting to see signs of my old little boy again, and it is giving me hope for a better future, red skin free!

Love to you all! Xoxoxoxoxo Loren

11 comments:

  1. OH how awesome! So glad to hear a good report. Vaseline is made from petrochemicals, stay away from it, its nasty stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree..we used it only a few days and I really never wanted to, but it was the only thing that didn't burn. Now we r doing org olive oil and hemp in the water!! Congrats on your soon to be new addition! Xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  2. Yay! I hope the improvement continues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I don't know you but I follow you
    that just made me cry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Sarah, so sweet!thanks for following us! Xoxoxooxo
    Thanks Catherine! Me too! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy Loren!!! I knew it was going to turn around soon!!! I'm glad you're prepared though for future flares since this is a grueling process but it gets better each time, I process!!! Love you and Kline, Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't even know you, but feel like I do. I've been keeping up with you on the GAPS Facebook page. Soooooo happy for you and Kine! What an adorabe child. This is what I have been praying for. You are an awesome mama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray! Things are looking up and you sound so much more positive chick! Love to see Kline having a good boogie, so sweet! Now just to get you both some more sleep!

    x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a wonderful feeling and the flares do come again, but you can see the body is hard at work to repair that nasty monster poison! Yay Kline, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so happy to hear relief is here, although intermittent xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know exactly what your family is going through. I started withdrawal September 2nd & it is HELL! I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. I have a good friend whose nephew is on a daily asthma medicine and I so hope he doesn't go through this. My 1 month anniversary is coming up on Tuesday and I can't wait. I can't believe doctors aren't held accountable for their actions. Keep fighting Red Skin friends!!

    ReplyDelete